Stories feel real, immediate, and intensely personal. This is a major shift to embrace for the brand in 2019. Stories become more and more a second nature for a new wave of digital natives—and the news feed may be slowly becoming a thing of the past. This report explains than more than 64% of companies have implemented Instagram stories into their social strategy or plan to do so in the next 12 months.
In the report, Hootsuite analysts wrote: “Social media is pivoting from text-based platforms originally designed for desktop use (think early Facebook) to truly mobile-only networks that enable users to capture in-the-moment experiences—and Stories embody that pivot.” They add that this ephemeral story feature gives more fun and experimentation to the people.
Here is the number of stories product daily active users:
• Facebook stories: 150 million
• Instagram stories: 300 million
• WhatsApp status: 450 million
• Facebook Messenger stories: 70 million
• Snapchat (whole app): 191 million
Source: TechCrunch, Facebook Stories reveal 150 million daily users and here come ads. Last updated: May 2018.
4 Brands on 5 believe that using less polished, more realistic Stories perform better than heavily edited takes filled with heavy-handed calls to action. Stories are growing 15x more than feed-based sharing today and tomorrow.
Three effective takeaways used efficiently by 3 major companies have illustrated this analyze:
1) Less polished & spontaneous Stories are aimed at a younger generation, test your Stories content to find out what resonates best with your audience and how simplicity in production gives a higher return on investment.
2) Find creative ways to incorporate Story content from your users, customers, and communities. Stories feel raw and real because they feature the actual experiences of people.
3) Giving your customers an unexpected experience. Embraces new Stories technologies even augmented reality (AR), to delight customers.
Read the official report here to know more.
This article is based on Hootsuite – social media trends 2019 – report analysis
As you know, Hootsuite is the leader of social media management platform, created by Ryan Holmes in 2008. The system’s user interface takes the form of a dashboard, and supports social network integration for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube. On their website they give very good advice on social media evolution and trends.